Monday 9 July 2012

Letter 2 - Antonio Jesús Cruz



To Julio Torri
Dear Circe:
In spite of your recommendations I did not make myself tie to the mast, thing I will never regret. You do not imagine the wonderful thing that is to share, day after day, the mysterious and surprising ordinariness of a siren.
In the beginning you seemed unreachable. You were standing as in a pedestal, an authentic Greek goddess. I used to look at you from below and always saw you: hieratic, undaunted, and brilliant.
One day I dared to come close to you stretching my hands out, willing to touch you. I saw you coming towards me, trembling, as if you were getting out of balance. And all I thought I knew about you fell apart in that brief instant.
"Head trauma" the doctor said. "You were lucky that bronze statuette didn’t kill you".

Original title: Carta 2
Translation: Antonio Jesús Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment

FeedBurner FeedCount