Thursday 9 June 2011

What I deserve - Carlos Feinstein



Trembling in the dark behind a cabinet in the attic, waiting for what I deserve. I hear its footsteps, penetrated by its stinking smell. I imagine its horrific appearance. I cannot stop thinking that few minutes ago, my life was different, the usual one. I was reading in my favorite chair when it broke into the house. I heard the screams of the maid, the howling of the dog. The long silence that followed the death of my pet. Altered by panic and fear, I ran upstairs. At the top I have no way to escape. I can only wait, crouched and shivering, for the horror that comes on my way.

Original title. Lo que merezco
Translation: Carlos Feinstein


http://quimicamenteimpuro.blogspot.com/2008/06/lo-que-merezco-carlos-feinstein.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

FeedBurner FeedCount